LA DIÁSPORA FESTIVAL
INTERNATIONAL CULTURAL FESTIVAL
La Diáspora Festival celebrates the coming together of artists in the Latin American diaspora in the US, and supports their journey to reconnect their cultural heritage in communities of Latin America. It is an effort in cultural diplomacy, to proudly showcase how we are harnessing the power of art to generate safe spaces and empower our communities in the United States. The first edition of La Diáspora Festival is a partnership with the City of Puebla, México and is scheduled between November 26th and December 1st, 2019.
DEVELOPMENT OF THE PROJECT
- Developed a funding project complete with Crowdfunding, grant writing, sponsorships, and fundraising events. We raised $20K in total.
- Produced three fundraising events, including a one-day multidisciplinary festival with the participation of 16 artists and partnerships with the Mexican Consulate in SF, the SF Mexican Museum, Acción Latina and Artillery Gallery.
- Developed a partnership with the City of Puebla, Mexico to have access to the most iconic venues of the city including the Zocalo, El Teatro de la Ciudad and the Municipal Palace for a 6-day Festival with over 20 events in its first version.
- Developed a communications campaign creating partnerships with 15 media platforms in 4 countries.
- We are in the process of creating a documentary with the support of artists and activists in 11 cities of the United States. (San Francisco, Oakland, San José, New York City, Chicago, Boston, Seattle, Austin, Miami, Los Angeles, and Ithaca, NY)